International Foundation Year (IFY) Pre-University Programme
Secure your future with a guaranteed place at university
Guaranteed entry onto courses in: Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Business, Finance, Computing
and Game Design, upon successful completion of the International Foundation Year.
We are pleased to announce that we have received full accreditation to run the International Foundation
Year from NCC Education, one of the UK’s leading awarding organisations in IT and Business.
International Foundation Year
IFY Engineering / Computing & Game Design Stream
The International Foundation Programme is a one year pre-university qualification, including a significant degree of English
language teaching. The qualification is designed to provide you with an entry route to Irish or overseas universities or
progression in Engineering, Computing & Game Design.
The IFY aims to improve your general and academic English language ability enhance your study skills and cultural
understanding and introduce you to academic study in English in the fields of Math, Physics at a suitable level.
Course Start Date:
January 2019 & September 2019
(Full Academic Year)
• A completed High School Certificate
• Minimum IELTS score of 4.5 and no less than 4.0 in any section (or equivalent).
To complete the programme you must study and pass eight modules.
The programme consists of the following six core modules:
• Developing English Language Skills – develops your English language skills to be able to communicate effectively beyond
simple everyday contexts. It aims to improve all four skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking and enables you to
acquire a broad range of knowledge which you can use to confidently and effectively communicate in English. The module
guides you through Intermediate and then Upper Intermediate levels of English.
• Advanced English Language Skills – enables you to put into practice the language you have acquired and develop into an
advanced user of English. You will make extensive use of the four skills of speaking, reading, listening and writing, as well as
extending your knowledge of complex grammar and advanced vocabulary.
• English for Academic Purposes – develops your understanding and use of the key linguistic skills necessary to engage
effectively in an academic environment where you are being taught in English.
• Study and Communication Skills – equips you with the essential study skills needed to succeed at university level. You
will learn the basic skills necessary to conduct independent research, write academic papers, give formal oral presentations
and apply what has been taught during lectures to your studies.
• Culture Studies – enables you to gain awareness and increased understanding of other cultures. You will learn about
various features of a foreign country and its culture, with a particular focus on student life and studying abroad.
• Foundation Mathematics – builds upon your existing knowledge in the areas of mathematics whilst introducing new
topics appropriate across a range of academic disciplines and for your future career.
A further two modules must be taken:
• Further Mathematics
Optional Module: Introduction to IELTS
For further information contact +353 21 2411 131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org