- Programme Duration: 7 week (Tailor-made )
- Tuition Duration: 15 hours per week
- Maximum Class Size: ( Average of 10 students per class (max of14)
- Course Start Dates: (flexible)
- Entry: Anyone can join this programme, provided they are over the age of 18. There are no academic requirements, but knowledge of the language is advisable.
- Certification: A Direct English Certificate of Achievement will be awarded at the end of the course.
- Progression: This is a course which will bring students through to level 4 of the Direct English programme, which is equivalent to B1 on the Common European Framework.
At this level you will build on the basic language and structure that you learned in level 2.
You will practice having a job interview, and the language associated with work. You will prepare a presentation to give in class, and talk about the steps involved in the process. You will practice phone etiquette, and give and receive directions over the phone. You will report what people have said by using reporting verbs. You will talk about Real estate – buying and selling a house, and go through the process of preparing a dish from your favourite recipe – step by step.
You will listen to a commuter’s tale, and talk about living a healthy life and staying in shape. You will learn the language of emergencies, and how to give and take advice. You will learn how to read and interpret schedules and timetables for travel.
This course is designed to include a combination of grammar instruction, conversation, listening practice, and workbook and writing practice too. All the while you will use the language that is used by native speakers of the language. There will also be some social/cultural activities where you will get to put the language into play, and learn about the Irish culture to boot.
For further information contact 021 2411 131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org