- Programme Duration: 7 week (Tailor-made )
- Tuition Duration: 15 hours per week
- Maximum Class Size: ( Average of 10 students per class (max of14)
- Course Start Dates: (flexible)
- Entry: Anyone can join this programme, provided they are over the age of 18. There are no academic requirements, but an intermediate knowledge of the language is advisable.
- Certification: A Direct English Certificate of Achievement will be awarded at the end of the course.
- Progression: This is a course which will bring students through to level 6 of the Direct English programme, which is equivalent to B2/C1 on the Common European Framework.
At this level you will build on the basic language and structure that you learned in level 4.
Initially in this level we will focus on nouns, the use of the definite article for specifying, and possessive adjectives/pronouns. We will explore what happens when we lose things; we’ll take a look back at our childhood; and talk about memories and old habits. We will rediscover compound nouns, zero articles, some & any. We will return to the topic of work and work ethic. We will look at elections and suitable/unsuitable candidates for the post. We will incorporate phrasal verbs into our language, and perfect the grammar associated with wishes and conditionals. We will incorporate Polite offers, requests & suggestions, and turn direct speech into indirect speech.
This course is designed to include a combination of grammar instruction, conversation, listening practice, and workbook and writing practice too. All the while you will use the language that is used by native speakers of the language. There will also be some social/cultural activities where you will get to put the language into play, and learn about the Irish culture to boot.
For further information contact 021 2411 131 or email email@example.com