Pre-Mastrer’s In Information Technology
The Pre-Master’s in IT is designed to enable students to quickly bridge the gap between their existing qualifications and a Master’s qualification. They will upgrade their English language ability to a level suitable for Master’s entrance, while also being introduced to studying IT subjects through the medium of English.
Course Start Date:
February 2019; September 2019 (full academic year)
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in your home country,
- Minimum IELTS score of 5.5 and no less than 5.0 in any section (or equivalent),
- Current CV.
The Pre-Master’s in IT is a one year full-time programme. Students must pass each of the following modules in order to be awarded with a Pre-Master’s in IT certificate.
- English Language Level 4,
- English Language Level 5,
- English for Academic Purposes 1 and 2,
- Developing Study Skills for Postgraduate Learning,
- Object-Oriented Modelling,
- Decision and Management Support Systems.
This programme is assessed by assignment and examination.
One year, full-time.
This programme is taught face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials and seminars at Direct English.
Pre-Master’s in IT graduates can progress directly to the Institute of Technology Carlow.
Optional Module: Introduction to IELTS – prepares students for assessment by the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).